Monday, July 27, 2009

Mies-en-scene

Well, well, well. I am now living in Oswego, Illinois, with the McClure family. I'm trying to help out with media and tech and general loose ends here in the Jacob's Well community. This is the second of my five-week stay.

Conway countdown: 22 days.

In the mean time, I am having a good time hanging out and taking pictures and setting up lights and driving and playing with little kids and texting my brains out and reading and brainstorming and thinking about things I've been ignoring and whathaveyou.

Today I worked with a joint team that is visiting from Central Church in Conway and Vardaman Street Baptist Church in Wiggins, MS. I worked at the Farnsworth House by Mies van der Rohe in Plano, IL. I got to tour the house while I was there, and it was beautiful. The cradle of modern architecture, the birth of the IKEA aesthetic, was laid bare before my eyes. Pretty nifty. I spent my day clearing brush from the trail that leads to the house to that a view of the river is possible as one approaches the house.

I left with the following souvenirs:
-a slight sunburn and general abbrasions
-the skull of an unidentified small mammal
-my first ever bee-sting

Who knows what tommorow might bring?

T

No comments: