Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well, hello, December

Today was the official beginning of Central Arkansas scarf season. (I make these rules up as I go.) And I could not be happier. Well, I mean, for the weather. The day has been beautiful and crisp with sunshine all over and leaves being gathered by uniformed university workers into heaps that they will soon vacuum away into trucks. What happens to the leaves after that is beyond me.

Anyway, this is what we politely refer to as Hell Week. Finals are next week, but everyone knows that this week is all about papers and projects being finished and handed in. Presentations are being presented. Extra credit and extensions are being begged. And it all has one gloriously silvery lining: we're almost done. I can't wait to get out of this semester and into the next. I'm excited to finish my BA and move on with life. My thesis presentation is in a week and a half. My Chinese final is in two days. And I am so close to just having the winter to work and breathe and read books I want to read.

I see you shiver with antici...

All that said, I'm editing my novella and getting my Digital Film production book together and cramming Hebrew letters and slogging through hours of 3D animation. I'm sitting with my nose all too close to the grindstone, and the exhilaration of projects completed is the fuel I need to power through the next few days.

So, here's to scarf season. Here's to the Academy. Here's to the end of the semester and the trouble it brought. Good bye, albatros. Hello, December.

T




...pation.

(You thought I'd leave you hanging?)